Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Small World

It's funny how small the world is...
This morning at breakfast, we were sitting next to a group of people and began talking about our travels. The gentleman sitting at the table, from the Netherlands but now living in Perth, was telling me about his travels to the US. I said I was from outside of DC, and his eyes lit up...he traveled to a small town NW of DC called Leesburg (my hometown). Wait, there is more...we continue talking about my little town, and why he was there. He is a researcher for aviation safety and spent several weeks in 2002 at the Leesburg FAA center!! I'm still blown away, he said he met many friendly people there, perhaps one was my father!
They were extremely helpful with travel plans to Cambodia and Laos, they have been traveling there for about 3 months.
Off to begin our walking tour of Hanoi!

No comments:

Post a Comment